Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, January 10, 2010

Info Post


Yesterday ended up being one of the most wonderful, spontaneous, perfect Saturdays in a long, long time! Between last semester ending, and then the holidays, it had been a while since Mike and I were able to spend a day entirely on our own doing whatever we wanted, and despite being brutally cold outside, the sun was shining and it all just fit together perfectly!
We started the day out on the laziest possible foot, just lying around in bed for ages reading books and talking (I've been escaping Winter with the Pinckney novel Rhiannon sent me in the mail, and Mike is reading 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea!). When we did eventually decide to get out of bed, we meandered over to St-Viateur bagel for the best Montreal breakfast we could think of, and then since we were in NDG anyway, we decided just to brave the cold and walk around the Monkland Village for a while.



We visited our favourite used book shop and got coffees and then ended up at a new vintage shop that opened up not too long ago on Sherbrooke street called Kavanagh (which I will elaborate on later this week!), where I bought my very own accordion!!!!!!! As well as a perfect 60's knitted cream color dress with brown embroidered flowers on the pockets, which I will surely be debuting on the blog soon!
Anyway, we ended up at Steve's Music store because Mike had to replace some broken drum skins and then drove around looking at different neighbourhoods we'd like to live in someday. As the sun was starting to set we couldn't help stopping in Westmount park, which is just down the road from where my first apartment was, to take some blog photos of the Pink Martini coat I bought in Ottawa when I was there for New Years. (The coat was on mega sale and it's so cozy and warm and I love it so much. Although I still think the Dear Creatures one I bought on Modcloth is my favourite coat ever, just because of how soft it is and because of the cute little plaid pattern inside.) We ended the night on a high note at my friend Mel's apartment with a heated game of Pictionary and a round or two of Balderdash.



We were supposed to go for tacos tonight with some friends of Mike's but I think we might be staying in after all. I can't even imagine layering on tights and scarves and coats and boots right now to face the outside world. I think I'll stay curled up happily on the couch watching old Arrested Development episodes and finishing up that Pinckney novel I was talking about earlier! It's easier to pretend I'm in Charleston with Judith than to admit that I'm in Montreal in the middle of January!

0 comments:

Post a Comment