Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 22, 2010

Info Post


This post is long overdue in a few different ways. For one thing, these pictures were taken the same day as the Westmount Park pictures, so they've sort of just been sitting around my computer for a while, and secondly, the outfit I'm wearing is one I've been meaning to post here since about November! The problem is it's been too cold to show it properly outdoors, and the couple of times it was warm enough, we weren't around the house an I didn't have it ready. Anyway, I do intend on posting it again with better lighting and in a worthier setting, but I was just so excited to have an indoor place to take pictures, that I jumped on the opportunity!



So the dress and sweater that you see in these photos are from the lovely, wonderful, friendly, generous and always stylish Quincy from Q's Daydream, and she sent them to me for my birthday in November!!!! I've worn this outfit about a hundred times since then, but really just hadn't gotten around to picture taking, what with Mike being gone, then the holidays and then school starting plus the rotten Winter weather...the dress is actually a wrap around number in big blue and black gingham print and the little crocheted sweater is a dream! I wear it with just about everything! She also sent me a magnificent pair of brown backless pumps and I love them just to death, but it really isn't the right weather to be wearing them right now, so I'll have to debut those in Spring.



As for the shop I'm in in these photos, well it's one that opened not too long ago on Sherbrooke street in NDG, which is the neighborhood Mike lives in! The owner, Beau and his Father greeted us as we walked in and Mike got into a long conversation with him about vintage drums and music and bands and they seemed to hit it off almost right away! The whole time they talked, I walked around with googly eyes suffering from sensory overload and admiring all the pretty things contained in one place! I ended up leaving with a perfect knit 1960's mini dress with brown embroidered flowers on the pockets, as well as a white accordion from Italy that has got to be about 75 years old! It's currently at Steve's Music getting all fixed up so I can learn to play it and eventually form that band Jessica and Rhiannon and I have been talking about putting together when we eventually all get together and meet up!

Anyway, the shop is a total beauty and dusty and dimly lit in a good way, so you feel like you're in a little Southern thrift store. Or at least I did. And they serve you coffee from a gigantic old espresso machine and Beau reminded me of Jack White sort of with his leather jacket and jeans and scraggly hair and paleness..and the way he would sit in the back playing blues guitar.
I don't know how many Montreal readers I actually have, but if any of you are out there, and you haven't already checked it out it really is worth it. And if you aren't from here, but you're coming to visit, e-mail me and I'll give you more details! It isn't like the city is lacking in good vintage, but Kavanagh really did bring something new to the mix, and I have to admit that just going in to hang out is a wonderful time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment