Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 14, 2010

Info Post
grandma

grandma + grandpa

ontheboat


Hello friends! My apologies for an extended absence! Thank you for all the kind comments on my previous post! I've added many of you to my ever-expanding google reader and I thank you for letting me peek in on your own adventures. My eye recovered only to be brutalized yet again as I was picking my nailpolish off and had sliver of polish spring into my eyeball - the very same naughty eyeball. It's back to glasses for me :(. The holidays were glorious and food and family filled (I hope the same was true of your holidays). Our arrival home proved to be no less busy and Landon has been overwhelmed with preparations for upcoming TCOP exhibition at Space 15 Twenty. I've started working on my own projects including getting spring goodies ready for selling on the internet (have had a great debate on whether to sell on ebay or etsy - have opted for ebay).

While in Vancouver I managed to snag a handful of loose photographs from my grandparent's garage and have uploaded a few to share with you. The ones above are my beautiful grandma and grandpa and the ones below my beautiful mummy and badass dad. My mum's wedding attire I think requires some explanation - it was designed by a friend of hers and was not available until the day of, her hat the final touch to her mystery chef-like ensemble. She had fashion balls. And how wee and youthful is my dad? All gangly limbs and big hair. They were a pair. I've added a few pictures of my own ginger child self - like Conan, I was the sole ginger in family of blondes, brunettes and raven-hued locks. My mum paid extra care to protect me from the sun and while she and my brother turned golden in the summer I remained practically transparent (once convinced that I could, in fact, glow in the dark) and ghostly. I wasn't sure what to make of my copper coloured tresses' and was often disheartened by the great number of fictional redheaded orphans - were we so terrible? Even I am half-adopted! Perhaps it is the alleged hot temper? Though any friend of mine can tell you that they've never heard me raise my voice or flush for any reason other than embarrassment. Oh ginger babies, why so misunderstood?

punkkids

kissing

MUMANDKRISTINE

bite

hugging liam

terroratgrandmas

dad

liamgirl

clown

balletwalk

For those of you interested in donating to earthquake relief in Haiti I would encourage you to take a gander at this list of charities or for my US buddies texting 90999 with "Haiti" to donate $10 to the Red Cross.

0 comments:

Post a Comment