Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, January 18, 2010

Info Post
Make a donation to Partners in Health and be as generous as you can for the people of Haiti.




My brother generously gave me a Canon SLR for Christmas, which is something I've always had an intention to buy, alas, my undertaking was always easily interrupted by some very coveted pair of shoes, or something or other. I'm quite thrilled and feel very lucky to have one, and am putting it to good use and learning all about the tricky buttons.

Now, we'll talk about the dress...
Another glorious christmas gift! My grandmother surprised me with this piece we found at a really excellent vintage shop in Richmond, VA, called Bygones. It is a perfect reproduction of a 1920's vintage flapper dress. If it had been an actual beaded dress from the 20's, the piece would have cost thousands and the weight of the beads would have torn the mesh by now. I don't have the faintest idea as to where I'll wear this dream dress just yet. For now, it's used as a super fancy house dress for doing dishes. Appropriate, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment