Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 21, 2010

Info Post
I want to share a little secret with you. It's a good one. It comes in an 8.4 ounce glass bottle with the most beautiful label you could ever imagine.

Rose Water


Let me introduce to you Santa Maria Novella Rose Water and it'll be the best 28 frivolous dollars you can imagine spending. Alice and I stumbled upon these fine Italian products by accident in a very lovely, very fancy fragrance store in Seattle and I couldn't stop twisting the cap off, taking a sniff, twisting the cap back on, staring at the label - repeat.

The rose petals are from the Florentine Hills and the recipe has certainly lasted the test of time. We're talking 700 years, way back to Dante's time!!! (if you have a few minutes you should read this article!)

And let me tell you all the reasons why this bottle is my new bff. I add a little to my wrists and face when I need a mid-day pick me up. It's hydrating and reduces puffiness from tired eyes! Perfect to splash into a bath A lovely little pre-dream spritzer for your sheets And on top of that it can be added to your laundry in the rinse cycle, or right into the iron when you're steaming out those wrinkles!

Ace Hotel


All in all a magical little elixir. And I'd say, with Valentine's day approaching it might just be the perfect thing to give to your mum, your sister, best gal pal - shucks, even just a special present for yourself!

Now, if only the bath tub in the Ace Hotel Portland was in all of our apartments and homes!

Ace Hotel


PS If you're looking for where to find a bottle for yourself - Lafco carries it, and they seem to have a beautiful selection of other products!

PPS It just dawned on me that this bottle of Rose Water might be the most perfect way of beating the Winter Blues!

0 comments:

Post a Comment