Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 14, 2010

Info Post

outfit detais:
cardigan & dress: H&M
tights: HUE
skates: thrifted
headband: Ardene (embarassing?)


For the past couple of weeks, Mike and I have both had our Wednesdays off from work and school and we've been so good at taking advantage of those days to get some good adventuring around Montreal in! One of our New Years resolutions this year as a couple was to conquer our usual Wintertime blues by doing fun outdoorsy stuff so it didn't seem to dreadfully long. Well yesterday was the first time we stuck to that resolution and I have to admit it sort of made Winter feel warmer and less awful! And suddenly I thought I might not be as excited for Spring as I said in my last post!



Beaver Lake is a pretty little lake in the middle of a forest in the middle of Mount Royal, which is the teensy little mountain which Montreal is built up on! It's really a pretty wonderful little escape from the city, right in the middle of the city itself! And in the wintertime they have a pretty little skating rink and a not-so-rustic glass cabin, which serves delicious hot chocolate, even if it is out of a machine and way over priced (next time we're bringing our own!).



Anyway we spent part of our afternoon skating there and sipping hot chocolate together inside to warm up, and then we drove to my favourite (highly secret) vintage heaven in Montreal (thanks Yana - it's the greatest!). Mike was looking for a key to wind up the old mantle clock I bought him for Christmas, which he wasn't able to find this time, but I did manage to come home with two beautiful pink floral 1920's bathmats/rugs. I have to do a post soon showing off the wonderful new/old things I've acquired in the past couple of months! It's on my list, along with the post I already have put together about a great new vintage shop in NDG which also features an outfit a dear friend of mine sent me on my birthday which is wayyyy overdue to be featured. But I was so excited about these wintery photos today I thought I'd post them while I was still feeling so fond of the frigid season (holy alliteration!).


0 comments:

Post a Comment