Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, November 12, 2009

Info Post

I'm so, so excited about this weekend! It sort of feels like its been ages since Mike and I managed a full blown escape from the city, and it couldn't have come at a better time!
I have no doubt that this place will be a treasure trove of blog-worthy photo spots so I'm packing three whole outfits for 1.5 days! Some will argue I'm over packing, but here is how I defend it:

- It all fits in one bag
- I need a practical outfit for the hiking and petting zoo portion of the trip
- A girl's gotta have some choice
- I love that new dress of mine too much and refuse to leave without it. In fact I think I will wear it every day for the rest of my life!


Tomorrow morning we're both going into work really early in the morning and then we'll be leaving mid day for our log cabin adventure! I hope we get spooked by angry Friday the 13th ghosts at the abandoned train station in town, or that something exciting happens like a Moose charging at something (so long as it isn't me) or we spot a sasquatch in the woods!


I have packed two dresses, and one practical outfit. The purple dress was on mega sale at UO, but I'm kind of upset by how much it shrank in the wash. The pink one is from the magical piece of heaven I discovered recently thanks to Yana (who is going to be my neighbour oh-so-soon!) which I plan on going back to on a weekly basis until I am poor and forced to sell my unborn children to acquire more of this lady's old junk! The pants are something I found at Salvation Army a couple years back and have only had the guts to wear once. I still don't know if I like them or not, but was inspired by this picture of Marie Prevost to give them another chance. This time I'll make Mike take an outfit photo so you can judge for yourselves whether they were a sweet find, or something I should immediately donate back to Salvation Army!


The sweet little floral sandals are completely impractical and I simply don't care, they are a pair of never-worn thrifted Seychelles sandals that nearly broke my heart! And the billy boots, well that's the practical side of my brain...As for the book, well I don't know if I'll end up bringing it. I've been dying to dig into this Ginger Rogers auto biography, but I have so much reading left to do for school that it seems silly to get into a book that I won't be able to get even a quarter inch through before having to put it down and pick Chaucer and Browning back up...we'll see. Maybe I'll bring one of Nancy Mitford's teeny tiny little light reads and satisfy myself with that for the weekend. Or maybe I will just bring my Christmas knitting projects and forget about reading all together!


0 comments:

Post a Comment