Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Info Post
This Friday, I'll be celebrating my 24th birthday with Mike at a really cool log cabin themed inn way out in the country. I've already packed my favourite weekender bag with one perfect outdoorsy outfit, and a special birthday dress which I bought myself last week. In the meantime, as a means of procrastinating on this term paper, I've been browsing my favourite sites looking for things I could buy myself with my birthday money...Here is the wishlist I've put together for myself so far...


Modcloth is always one of the first spots I check when I'm putting together wishlists, and this yellow coat has been on it since they listed it last week! The sandals and dress probably won't make it into my closet, but that coat! That one has good chances of finding it's way into my mailbox!

I've been completely obsessed with T-Rex ever since I met Rhiannon and she told me how much she loved them. I still don't have any of their albums though, and am forced to listen to them on youtube all the time! I'd really love to get my hands on their earlier stuff too, from before they shortened their name. And maybe a Marc Bolan biography while I'm at it....

This is a bit of a mishmash. The top is from Urban Outfitters,and just seems like it would go perfectly with a little jumper or a black skirt....the Dead Weather album is something I've been meaning to get my hands on for some time now, and my friend Josh has promised to make me a copy! Hurray! I actually can't remember where I found these polka dot tights specifically, possibly also Urban Outfitters..I saved them to my inspiration folder a while back on one of my imaginary online shopping sprees..if anyone knows, feel free to tell me!

Finally, these TCM box sets are constantly reappearing on my birthday and Christmas wishlists! I would especially love to have the Forbidden Hollywood collections, but Buster Keaton and Greta Garbo silents seem pretty dreamy too! There was also a Film Noir box set I saw for sale at a video store near my place, which I might see about getting for myself too...Honestly I have a tendency to spend all my money on things like clothes, coffees and trinkets for my house and I barely ever spend my money on things like albums and movies, but I think it's time to start....


So there you have it, my 2009 birthday wishlist! We'll see in a few weeks which items I end up buying myself, if any. Although I really think that mustard yellow jacket is at the top of my list. And really, with the winters we have in Montreal, it's hard to ever feel guilty about spending money on a coat, seeing as I'll wear it nearly every day for about six months!
I'll definitely be posting about our weekend getaway after this weekend! I have no doubt there will be beautiful picture taking spots where we're headed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment