Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, November 23, 2009

Info Post
This past week has been sort of hard and filled with things I didn't really want to have to deal with, and made me sort of sad, and I decided to head back to my parents house for the weekend and indulge in really homey comforts, like my Mom, and Dad and kitty cat, Whiskers, and homecooked meals.



One of my very favourite things to do when I go home to my Mom & Dad's is looking through old photo albums of theirs. I do the same thing when I go to my Grandma's apartment, she always thinks I must be getting tired of looking at the same old pictures, and she says they're faded and you can't see well anyway, but I think that's what I love most about them.



This set of pictures of my Mom is one of my absolute favourites! They are all from the Winter of 1966, when she was about 13 or 14 and living in Detroit. I think it's funny to look at them, because I can actually see resemblances between her at that age, and what I looked like at 13. Although, I would never dare to compare myself to her, she was such a beautiful, well dressed young girl, and at 13 I can safely say I was sort of round and awkward with hair that I didn't understand and a really, really unfortunate sense of style. But her face, I see myself a little bit in her face!



Anyway, I spent such a wonderful weekend with my Mommy, that I really wanted to share her with you guys, so you could all see how pretty and stylish and wonderful she was (and is!). Her first reaction, when I asked her if I could post these was "they say you have to be careful what you put on the internet these days"...and "they're all faded...I don't know why you'd want to" but finally .. "you can post them if you'd like to!" I told her she'd have to read the comments on this post, because I know how much some of you will appreciate how pretty and nostalgic some of these old faded photographs are! So I hope you enjoy them, and be sure to let me know what you think of them, I want to show my Mom after!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment