Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, November 7, 2009

Info Post


This post is sort of silly really. Sort of an escapist one, in response to how overwhelmed I am by this semester in school. I've had this long time fantasy of moving away from Montreal. I love this city so much, but I really am someone who likes to make changes a lot, and I've made just about all the changes I can think of within my hometown, and now I'm sort of looking to try something new.
The problem is, simply put, I'm darn lazy! I look for apartments every day in different cities around the US and Canada on Craigslist or MLS, and lots of times I find things that I could totally afford, especially if I could convince Mike to come along, but a coupled fear of being far away from my family, and of the process of moving to a different place, has kept my feet firmly planted in the icy cold Montreal ground.
Well last night I was trolling the Athens, GA Craigslist page for apartments, and stumbled upon this dream house right here. It sort of got me thinking, lots of other people do it! Move to different cities, provinces, states or even countries, and I want to do it too! But I really am the worst with all things paper work, and I'm wondering if any of you have any advice as to the process behind moving between the US and Canada. You wouldn't think it would be very complicated, seeing as we're neighbours, but something tells me there will be lots of beaurocratic obstacles that will discourage me really early on, and I'd love to hear from some people who have done it!
While I don't think I'll be moving soon enough to snatch this beauty of a barn up, I could totally see myself in the next couple of years, somewhere in the South enjoying longer Summers, milder Winters and all the charm I felt when I was there this Summer. Not to mention I'd be closer to some pretty wonderful ladies who I've come to consider good friends of mine!
Advice? Please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment