Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, November 15, 2008

Info Post
Times are supposedly getting tougher. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't read/hear/see a story about how people are losing their jobs and how it's getting harder to make ends meet. I feel for the people out there that do have it tough, for the single parents working three jobs and the students living on baked beans. However, I have little to no sympathy for those people who refuse to give up luxuries (such as expensive wines, manicures and $100 haircuts) or have been caught out because of their own greed (like the couple that were going to lose one of their investment properties because of interest rate hikes... they could keep the other seven though).

Please don't tell me that it's hard to feed the kids when you're buying three cartons of cigarettes a week or that it'll be another month until you can pay your power bill because you spent all your money on alcohol. Maybe I'm being harsh. I'm not saying live so frugally that you don't enjoy yourself but maybe it's time to re-address your priorities.

That being said, this is a clothing/fashion/style related blog and to be honest, fashion isn't an essential. However, clothing (or at least some sort of body covering) is. Where do we draw the line and how should we cut costs without compromising our own sense of style? Off soapbox.

I don't know the answer to that. However, I do know that there are several bloggers/flickr members out there who I'll adopt as role models for what I like to think of as 'economically sustainable style'. For them it's not about the trends (though they'll reference them) and it's not about buying a new item every week (though they might wear a different outfit every day). It's about celebrating their personality through the medium of clothing in a way that is visually exciting and genuinely inspirational.



0 comments:

Post a Comment