Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, November 27, 2008

Info Post
In the blink of an eyelid, I'm becoming some one I'd never thought I'd be. So caught up in the mundane that I'm unable to see the magic. How did this happen and how can I escape it? Meetings with banks, arranging fridges, it's all so incredibly boring and tedious. The perfect medicine for this grey, grey day may just be a trip down memory lane.

Today's outfit while fairly monochrome, contains one of my favourite wardrobe pieces - my grey tweed jacket. It was once a grey tweed suit, which I (very sadly and quite innocently) created by butchering a perfect 1960's zip up tweed shirt dress. It was my first piece of vintage, my first great op shop find and my first taste of what has become quite the addiction.

Grey Day

The leather skirt I'm wearing is a piece that I don't get to wear often because it's slightly uncomfortable and very hot. I mean hot as in temperature wise. Still I love the length and waist detail and how it looks like a normal-ish pencil skirt until you get up close and surprise! it's leather. It was found at this tiny Salvation Army which for a while had the most fantastic dress up rack (seriously, it was straight out of my dreams). I found this skirt, a green muu muu, this silver dress (which will be for sale within the next few weeks) and a whole stack of material which has since contributed to half the dresses I've made.

Sometimes I look at my wardrobe and it radiates the good times I've had and I wonder whether this is why I'm so attached to clothing?

With that thought, I'll leave you and go back to my place to eat pumpkin soup and watch Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? and decide which neckline to use for the 1940's inspired blouse I'm making. Have a lovely weekend!PS Another fantastic example of awesome film poster colours - hopefully, I'll be able to interpret into an outfit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment