Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, November 22, 2008

Info Post
We're in Barcelona now, and this entire day has unfortunately been spent sweating out a serious fever in bed. I can see my tonsils if I open my mouth and my skin is achy and sore.
I won't let it ruin this whole week though. Tonight we're going to walk around the Gothic Quarter and get some tea and dessert or something. Tomorrow we're going to the Barcelona Aquarium and la Sagrada Familia and the next day we're taking a Barcelona Bus Tour!

I blame this sudden illness on the 2 bottles of wine Mike and I finished all too quickly last night over dinner. We stumbled down Las Ramblas and picked up every flyer that was being offered to us along the way. We both decided that the best flyer was a bar called Sunset that boasted "the most exciting girl's party ever!" offering me one free drink and both of us free cover.
The short way of describing this place would be "lame/awesome" the long way would go as follows:
by the bar were the soon to be salt and pepper single men waiting for the dance floor to fill up so their eyes could finally feast on some flesh.
on the floor was a group of about 25-30 bordering-on-ugly-but-definitely-tacky JLO brand toting 18 year old girls. The kind that crawl about Crescent street at 3am screaming about Boston Mass (for the record, I have nothing against Boston Mass Libby! Only against those girls!)

The cheesy spanish remixes to some dance floor classics like Flo Rida and Lil John were annoying, but we made it work, and for a solid hour or two we made complete fools of ourselves dancing circles around the young girls and cheering with them when one of the hungry eyed middle aged men meandered over for a lil bump n grind!

A loooong walk home, two bottles of water and several advils later (Mike is very good with preventative hangover measures) we went to bed, where I realized how sick I was getting.

And now here I am. Being sick has ironically also made me HOME sick... Mainly because the thought of being in my own bed with Stef and Lola and William watching the hot chick and making soup is one of the most comforting thoughts in the world to me. But Mike is the greatest Nurse I could ask for. Making me food, getting me water, tucking me in and rubbing my feet all day! Now he's napping, and I think I'm gonna get dressed and stuff so that he doesn't waste his whole day on my account.

I MISS YOU GUYS I HOPE MONTREAL ISN'T TOO COLD!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment