Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, November 21, 2008

Info Post
I lost one of my contact lenses the other day, and since I don't want to mess up the month-system with the lenses, I'm now wearing my old glasses until the end of this month. And since I'm now wearing glasses, I figure it could be a good time to blog about glasses. 

Me with glasses

I don't know if it's just me (probably it is). But I'm terribly tired of the modern huge 80's glasses and the boring, square looking frames that seem to be the only alternatives for most people. If you're a regular person you go with square ones and if you're trendy you go with the 80's ones (but only when you go out to clubs and you'd never put real glass in those frames!).
I'd like to give some attention to the other alternatives, because there are lots of original frames out there if you only look. 

Fun Vintage Eye-wear ads

Personally I have a pair of cat-eye glasses which is uncommon to wear in Sweden but I've seen lots of American bloggers wearing them. My first pair of glasses was some thick-framed Hugo Boss frames for men. Being a kid at the time I think the men-frames looked cute, but the glasses where terribly ugly! After that I wore my sister's old glasses for a while which were truly original in both shape and colour, but perhaps a bit too eye-catching to wear every day. So that's why I've finally turned to the traditional cat-eyes, even though they make me look like an old Asian lady.
Old picture of me wearing my old glasses


John Lenon with his round frames

However, my favourite frames at the time are the little round 30's glasses. My old art teacher had them and my best friend used to have a slightly bigger version of them until a couple of years ago. When we're done with the thick plastic frames, I hope to see the round ones again!

Real "nerd-glasses" 


In the movie Ghost World Enid changes glasses several times

0 comments:

Post a Comment