Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Info Post

When it comes to magazines, it's fair to say that my mom and I are like oil and water. She's Better Homes and Gardens, I'm Domino. Good Housekeeping vs. Glamour. Ladies Home Journal vs. Vogue. So over the past year or so, she's been clipping me out pages from various issues of Country Living. "They're featuring a lot more retro and vintage ideas," she'd say. "I think you'd like it." The pages she's saved for me – that's a few above and below – are definitely less country, more quirky-cute. But it wasn't enough to make me a subscriber. Until now.

It was announced earlier this month that the inimitable Sarah Gray Miller, most recently the editor of the (now defunct) O at Home and former editor-in-chief of my favoritest magazine of all time, the undeniably cool (and, um, also now defunct) Budget Living (whose back issues I have stockpiled at home), is taking over the helm of Country Living. I'm predicting a considerable change in the magazine's content – after all, when even Oprah (thanks to her sidekick Nate Berkus) is railing against "country" style, you know death is near. You win, mom! Sign me up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment