Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Info Post
So the market was a big hit! I slept about three hours the nite before, the light bulb on my sewing machine went out in the final moments and I was so shy at selling my wares. But all in all I was happy to see everyone and most excited to see all my hard work come together at one time. We had special visitors with gingerbread, mince pies and hot teas, and my friend Julian was on hand to give me a nudge whenever a customer looked interested.


[Photo by Katie Horwich]

Using North Carolina's rich textile history as a starting point I made a new paper-cut logo with a cotton branch.


It turned out just perfect for cards, signs and for the first time, custom wrapping paper (!) tied up with deadstock Coronation ribbon.



Other new additions have been 'tongue and groove' pleats, thinking back on my childhood home, and the first bag with leather straps, something I've wanted to do for a long while now.














[Photo by Katie Horwich]

I was so happy to get into bed that nite, I slept from 8.30 to 8.30!

0 comments:

Post a Comment