Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Info Post
The last time I visited my grandmother's attic I uncovered a box. A very, very special box... Filled with magic. The kind of magic I always hoped existed in her attic, but was never quite sure was actually there. So unassumingly nestled into a crawl space. Covered by some unmemorable junk - shielding the little beauties from dusty attic particles unknown.

Meet me, circa August 2007.

wardrobe remix 8.28.07

. . .

And meet 5 very special traditional Polish costume sequin vests!



. . .

That vest I'm wearing was found in my parent's basement a handful of years ago. I've had my eye on ebay/my grandmother's attic to find more ever since. I was hoping for one - never mind FIVE !



My 7 year old self would probably be cringing inside right now. If only I could dig up the photos to prove it. Little me, big ears, hair in braids posing by the rhododendron bush with a gap tooth smile and outfitted with my ribbon hair wreath, white lacey collar blouse, puffy white skirt and of course - the vest. A few good years and a set of braces later - who would have thought I'd develop an unending love for every part of that costume.

. . .







. . .

I left the vests with my parents back in New England. To compensate for not bringing them back to San Francisco I went totally nuts with the camera. Like, baby's first birthday party nuts. So, I'll have to apologize now for the photo overload. I hope you'll understand but I just couldn't edit! Too many tiny details to look at!

IMG_0571

IMG_0586

IMG_0592

IMG_0623

IMG_0625

. . .

The under-working stitches are all covered by black satin, except for one... Which is lined in the most perfect chambray - and I think it's my favorite!! All the tiny details meant to be hidden away make me melt!

IMG_0606

IMG_0604

. . .

(This post is dedicated to Miss Ginny Branch Stelling - the sweetest gal who's favorite color is shiny and who leaves a trail of sequins wherever she goes)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment