Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Info Post

...A little nostalgia, if I may... When I was home for Thanksgiving, I was tasked with cleaning out all the crap I've been storing in my parents' basement since, oh, the age of six. Into the garbage went tons of notes passed in sixth grade; off to Goodwill went my college poster collection (Blues Traveler! whoo!), the J.Crew sweaters I basically lived in throughout high school and my small stash of Barbies, most of whom suffered very unattractive haircuts over the years.

Of everything, it was the Barbies that made me the most sad. Say what you will about unproportioned waistlines and whatnot, but I loved my Barbies growing up. It was probably my first introduction to fashion: All the extravagant little outfits, the teensy accessories, the tiny shoes! (And don't even get me started on the awesomeness of the dream house...)

The Barbie collector shop (where I went looking for the Comme des Garcons Barbie Susie B. blogged about, prompting this whole trip down memory lane — and no, they did't have it) features a number of vintage reproduction Barbies, including the 1985 Peaches 'n Cream Barbie (above, center), which featured heavily in my youth.

Some more editions I can remember below, via the extensive Barbie media site... and yes, I really kind of want that purple-edged asymmetrical skirt in an adult size...

0 comments:

Post a Comment