Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, December 20, 2009

Info Post
It's getting to that point... the Winter closet woes... for those of you who are familiar with this - it's bad. Very bad.

I'm a Spring and Summer gal - a dress, and shoes - that's it! No need to worry about the complications of wearing two pairs of tights under leggings, +/- a slip to make sure your skirt doesn't get all wonky with the friction of tights and then the sweater you wear with your normal clothes in combination with the sweater you wear under a jacket ... Then add a hat, scarf, and mittens and you get a very complicated winter wardrobe! ... And don't even get me started on the Winter Coat dilemma ...

You'd think living in California I wouldn't have to worry about this... except it's worse in San Francisco. It seems to always be this weird in between temperature. Never really hot, never really shockingly cold and not many places have heat. Do you know how complicated this makes things for me?!? In New England you bundle for outside and then inside you can kind of slack a little - heck, you can even have short sleeves if you want... San Francisco = dressing for the outdoors, indoors - all the time.

So, since it's only December I've been thinking of ways to cure my insanity before it gets ahold of me. What have I come up with? Uniforms... No, no - no oxford shirts in varying colors with pleated skirts and sweater vests. But, just a simple kind of outfit you wear every day. The type of thing that makes you feel nice and un-frumpy and comfortable... and it's also good for finding just a few pieces to be able to mix and match... My uniform ... ?

The Cream Lace Dress

My Uniform

. . .

My favorites are the heavier lace 60's dresses (the two on the left) But - I can't deny I was happy to find that 40s lace slip which is the perfect thing for mixing and maxing ruffley blouses and fur trimmed cardigans.

IMG_0377

. . .

IMG_0378

. . .

The one I'm wearing here is my favorite. Long sleeves and the perfect winter length (I always feel better wearing knee and mid calf lengths with bare legs in summer and then a shorter hem line when you have 3 pairs of tights on in Winter)

My Uniform

I think my favorite thing about this kind of dress is that whenever I wear one I feel like a cross between a sweet little 60's gal and a crazy old rich lady - all depending on the accessories of course. And I think both are very good things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment