Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, April 19, 2009

Info Post
Last night I traveled to my parents house with Mike to watch Grey Gardens on HBO (and eat delicious home cooked food in hopes of murdering this horrible flu I have)...
I've been having trouble starting this post, because I have too many wonderful things to say about the movie and each time I start to write them out, they get all jumbled and it becomes this chaotic mess of words and exclamation points.
I'm really excited to hear what everyone else thought of the film, since I'm sure I wasn't alone in anticipating it for weeks and weeks before it played!
I'm not the greatest at finding movie stills, so I stick to google image search usually...here are two collages, one from the original 1975 documentary, and the other of the HBO film with Drew Barrymore looking stunning, and Jessica Lange who both portrayed the Beale ladies perfectly in my opinion!
Photobucket
Photobucket


If you have the chance to watch these films, do so! Both are wonderful in their own way! And although I felt that Drew and Jessica did excellent jobs, the impact the original film has is really just amazing after watching the HBO version which felt so much more like fiction! Those two were looney tunes in the best possible way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment