Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 9, 2009

Info Post

Permit me to tell a tiny tale. One year and one month ago, I got a really nice note from a reader named Genevieve. It was full of unexpected compliments and stuff, and also directed me to Lagarconne.com, which at the time featured a mood board with the picture above. Did I know what it was?, she asked politely.

I did not. But I became obsessed. I even e-mailed the Lagarconne.com writer (who was nice and actually responded, but didn't know). I googled relentlessly. I gave up.

And then today! I was flipping through Laird Borelli-Persson's newest book, The Cocktail Dress (which is fab, and I'm not just saying that because I once got to hang out with Laird for a week at India fashion week and thought she was super-cool), and there it was. My picture!

And so, the answer, ladies and gentlemen: It's a photo called "Girls in the Windows" by Ormond Gigli. The backstory is here. I am smitten all over again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment