Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, April 10, 2009

Info Post
About two months ago, I was reading through an old Vogue and there was one of those small stories in the first few pages with a headline "Navy is the New Black". For someone like me whose outfits are black-centric 99% of the time, this is unthinkable. However, it must of had some effect because ever since then I've been thinking about navy.

The cumulation of this was the purchase of a 1950's navy eyelet dress. While it was a bit big, it was nothing a bit of tacking didn't fix and I love it to death. It's the most perfect shade, a blue navy but not too blue or too dark. Simply an elegant shade. The buttons too are lovely, rhinestones that catch the light and make it a little bit too dressed up for day (but that probably won't stop me).

WR 10.04.09 - Navy + Black....


For it's second outing (the first being a night out and not too great for picture taking), I paired it with a matching rhinestone brooch and a wide eighties era velvet stretch belt which somehow suits it better than any other similar aged belts I own. Oh, and my new lace-up heels from Barkins (which has surprisingly good shoes).

My other new purchase this week was a 60's/70's jewellry box, lined in mustard velour. While it doesn't sound to appealing, the outside is a lovely eggshell colour and the inside shows my increasing collection of jewellry off nicely.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from my latest obsession, Shorpy Photo Archive, which I found via Sally Jane Vintage. These pictures are amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment