Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 9, 2009

Info Post
* Disclaimer * I'm feeling loopy to say the least from all the decongestants and lack of sleep...I have not proof read this post...it may or may not make sense! If, after recovering from this demon-cold I realize it makes none whatsoever, I may just choose to remove it!

Photobucket
Being sick is prime time for indulging in guilty pleasures. Things that you are ashamed to say you like, but find enormously comforting. For me, that guilty pleasure is television high school dramas. As far back as I can remember teen-soaps like Degrassi (for my fellow Canadian readers) 90210, Dawson's Creek and even One Tree Hill have been my brainless-couch-potato favourites! Though I'm glad to say I'm nowhere near as emotionally attached to the characters as I was at about 14 or 15 years old...I still get the urge to lie on the couch with a bag of potato chips and zone out to Dylan and Brenda whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears.
Let me get to my point...I didn't bring this up just to ramble about how bitchy Dawson's new neighbour is!
For more than a little while now, I've been reluctant to give into the 90s revival that's taken over the world...or at least the tiny pocket of the world I actively participate in...Although there were lots of things I loved about the 90s (i.e. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Skip It!), there were also lots of things I really hated (i.e. oversized blazers, off-the-shoulder mini dresses, and red lipstick worn with everything...). Ironically, all of those things I really really hated throughout the decade, are now things I find creeping into my wardrobe one by one!
Floral print mini dresses, little jean jackets, bright colored lipstick and nailpolish...all of these things can be found in my closet at the moment!
I guess this brings me to my point, that my aforementioned "guilty pleasures" are slowly becoming just "pleasures" as I'm suddenly watching the original 90210 series with the same excitement I watch silent films with! Keeping my eye out for outfit inspiration and writing lists of what I'll look for on my next thrifting trip!
That being said, I'm still just as in love as always with frizzy silent film star hair, 1940s shoes, 70's blouses with chambray bottoms and frilly white sundresses! I guess I'm just saying...why discriminate?!
I move to incorporate 90's fashion in with the rest of my inspirations and hope it has the same mismatched effect as the clashing patterns Marc Jacobs used in his recent collections!

P.S. Having admitted all of this to you guys, I feel it important to mention, that I still have absolutely NO desire for men's fashion from the 90's to come back! Those hawaiian shirts can stay far far away from my boyfriend thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment