Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, April 10, 2009

Info Post
I have a 'to do list' for tonight which is about 7 items long ... so what am I doing right now? Distracting myself with every possible thing I can think of... I managed to find the time to take a little stroll down memory lane and look through my iphoto.

IMG_0906


So - as I was flipping through my pictures I realized I had some photos of a magical little place that exists in my life and I've never shared them! Coney Island... No, no - not the Coney Island - but the one in good 'ol Worcester, Massachusetts! (I'm saying this with a big cheesy grin on my face - if you've ever been to Worcester you understand what I'm talking about!)

IMG_0909


My dad loooves this place - and I can't blame him, it's got a charm you just don't find in places anymore! It was built in 1918 and I don't think anything has changed except for the cars outside and the internet juke box. They're famous for their hot dogs, but I prefer a grilled cheese with a side of boxed chocolate milk - just like I had in grade school.

IMG_0894

IMG_0901


There's so much swoon worthy art deco detail in the architecture and the booths are covered in the carved out initials of old loves and forgotten flings. There's something so comforting about flopping your cafeteria tray onto one of those red chrome tables - perfectly worn in all the right places- to wait for that song you requested on the juke box. (my favorite is there is a mountain by Donovan)

IMG_0900


It seems as though all my photos of the outside in daylight are gone-zo - but here's an old wardrobe remix photo from last winter.... I'm so sad that I cant find any of those photos right now because the outside color choices are just top notch! I'll have to get myself over there some warm sunny afternoon for my grilled cheese fix and a photo update!

** update! I was able to stop by on Easter Sunday and snap a couple pictures - unfortunately I only had my phone and it was closed - but at least I didn't feel like a crazed tourist standing in the middle of the road taking pictures!!!

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment