Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, December 19, 2008

Info Post
This is usually the time of year when nothing can bring me down! When the thought of a Christmas cookie makes me giddy, a gift idea brings a smile to my lips and I get uncontrollable urges to hug strangers, give money to homeless people and give candy canes to my co workers!
This year for some reason everything is seeming a little lack luster. My gifts seem, at least to me, to be generic and boring, which makes wrapping them that much less exciting. I haven't baked a single festive treat, except for cutting up a role of Pillsbury Peanut Butter Cookies and throwing them in the oven (only to over cook them). I've barely even watched a handful Christmas specials!
Maybe it's the looming bedbug extermination festivities, or maybe I'm just in a slump, whatever the case I need to get myself out of this stupid-rotten-no-good-Grinchy-humbug-blasphemous mood.
So, I will list (with pictures of course) 12 things that I have reason to be excited about this holiday season (whether they are related to Christmas or not!)

1. decorating my room:
  • white, white and more white is the theme this year. White furniture, white frames on white walls, white duvet cover with green velvet curtains and maybe some floral print pillows here and there to give it some texture!
2. Dame Edna + MAC Cosmetics
  • loads of blue eye shadows and sparkles everywhere! I can't quite picture how they are going to market this line, or who is going to buy it, but I'm anxious to find out!

3. Dallas in Boston!
  • This will be the very first road trip Stef and I take alone together and to see the likes of Dallas Green none the less! Needless to say I'm chomping at the bit waiting for January 11th to roll around!
4. New Years
  • Not so much the Eve of it (this year I'd happily settle for a glass of steamed milk and Dick Clark -or whoever the hell is making that big ball fall down this year at midnight) but the clean-slate-feeling that January 1st tends to bring about is something I always look forward to. 2009 holds a lot of promise and I'm hoping it won't let me down!
5. Beauty Tubes
6. Queens Of Vintage
  • not too long ago Fraulein M. contacted me on Flickr to ask me if she could feature me in her online daily vintage magazine as one of the top 100 "queens of vintage"! I tried to play it cool, calm and collected, but the truth is underneath my composed exterior I was shaking with excitement!!! Keep an eye out for me here at some point in the upcoming weeks!
PHOTO FROM HEINI'S FLICKR
7. Student fare
  • The thought of going back to school is probably the main thing that's been helping me coast through the last couple weeks! Not only will it be nice for my brain to lap up some new and useful skills, but I'm also very much looking forward to my metro passes going down in price by 50% each month!
8. Dec 22
  • in 2 days it will be the shortest day of the year! that in and of itself is actually the opposite of exciting, but the bright side is that they start getting longer from there on out! (That is a sickeningly optimistic point of view that I inherited from my Father)
9. Christmas Brunch 2008
  • as outlined in the facebook event, Stefanie and I are hosting a (much smaller than last year) Christmas brunch at the Coop for some close friends and their loved ones. Lots of delicious foods will be nom'd and more-alcohol-than-is-normal-before-noon will be consumed. The dollar store gift exchange is also bound to be a hoot!
10. KPMG US tax department's Christmas cocktail
  • Aside from the fact that this is the only Christmas party that actually gives me a valid excuse to dress up in a pretty cocktail dress and wear red lipstick, Mike's office also caters the party at his boss's loft on the water in St Henri! Last year I spent an hour or two in the bathroom staring at the roman tub and magical-grotto-like shower! Waiters dressed like penguins pass around delicious canapes and free wine all night and I generally tend to forget all my problems (don't listen to me, i don't have any problems).
11. Hair appointment
  • my sisters friend is hooking me up sweet. getting my hair dyed white for under 50$ is making me pretty happy.
  • getting my hair dyed white is making me pretty happy in general. change without going shorter is really nothing but positive!
PHOTO FROM ELINKAN
12. The coop
  • It seems like Stef and I agree on most things when it comes to decorating our place, which is why I'm so excited to see all the beautiful changes we make in the upcoming year! Imagine how magnificent the place will look by next summer! Something right out of The Selby or Designsponge or something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment