Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Info Post
I think sometimes its necessary to look back on things before you can really get a grasp on what you want the future to be like. So this post will be dedicated to looking back on some of the bigger events of 2008 and how they affected the things I want in 2009.

  • Apartment Story
I moved twice in 2008, once from my first apartment on Atwater, with too many roommates and not enough experience, and again, from an unfortunate situation at a beautiful apartment on De Bordeaux.
Although I live for fresh starts and change, it's only now, in retrospect, that I realize how hard it was on me not to have a place that felt like home for so long.
I understand now how important it is to live with the people who know you best, be it family or a very long standing best friend.
I don't think my next move will be for awhile, but when it does happen I'll be truly sad to leave this place behind!
Now that I have a real-honest-to-goodness-home-is-where-the-heart-is kind of home, I don't feel so silly investing some time, energy and money into it.

Resolution #1: In 2009 don't be afraid to redecorate as often as possible. My visions of the perfect bedroom change with the seasons. Right now all I see is White:


First two rows taken from Mila at Loveology
Third to last photo: Flickr
Second to last photo from Lolita
Last photo taken from Camilla Engman
  • Scholastic Endeavors
I've officially been out of school for 2 years and a little bit. Part of me is really disappointed in how unproductive those two years have been. My intentions were to work enough to save up some money and see the world. Instead, I spent all my money on silly whims, got myself a puppy, a lease and a wonderful boy, planting my roots here deeper than ever before!
I'm not sure what drove me to create so many more ties than I already had in Montreal, but whatever the reason I'm sure it was a good choice because I have learned more about who I am and what I want out of my future in the last two years than in the previous 21 combined!
This Monday I start school again and although the butterflies in my stomach probably have a lot more to do with my complete lack of confidence and fear of failure, I think they might also be due, in part, to my excitement at the thought of learning new things and taking a step in the right direction towards my future.

Resolution #2: Keep my nose in a book at all times, and give myself a little more credit...


1. Victoria Jean
2.Lolita
3. Livejournal community
4&5: Glass Orthodoxy
6. Heart
  • Changes in Hair
I'm always such a chicken when it comes to changing my hair. Probably because so many of my impulse decisions have just resulted in short bobs rather than the change I was hoping for.
This year I will change my hair as often as I like (but never ever cut it!)

Resolution # 3: Change it up! Make drastic changes; go white,red,dark, light....curly, straight, up, down...

All photos found on Google Image Search

  • Theme Nights and Alternative Methods to Fun
Recently I've grown tired of going out to bars on weekends and spending all my money on things I have nothing to show for. So in 2009 I intend on being one of those people who has fun in original ways!
Resolution # 4: My evening/weekend activities will include, but will not be limited to:

Theme movie nights, Cocktail Parties, Tea Parties, Cookie Baking, Creating and Sending Packages to my friends, Seasonal outings, Road trips to nearby places, Discovering Montreal, Decorating my apartment, Spending tons of time with my Pooch and consistently coming up with new and original ways to spend my time!





All Pictures from My Heart


2009 promises to be a good year. Better than the last, but worse than the next. Constant improvement is my plan!


0 comments:

Post a Comment