Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Info Post
Antique mall in Sevierville
Outfit details:
Oxford wrap around skirt: Etsy
oxford lace up shoes: fripe prix
macrame bag: kitsch n' swell
sunglasses and tank top: H&M

On Him:
Black Flag T: made by his roommate, altered by him
black jean shorts: stolen from his roommate

**If you're wondering why I don't change shirts more often...it's because I didn't expect to be such a wuss in the face of a sticky Tennessee July day...I didn't have any other tops breathable enough to withstand the lazy crazy hazy summer heat...so I "remixed" this one!**


We arrived safely in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee today around noon, after what felt like the longest drive of our lives!
We headed over to Dollywood after a disappointing introduction to Southern cuisine over at Tony Gore's BBQ and Smoke shack....a less than apetizing lunch buffet kind of threw us off course, so that when we reached Dollywood and found out it was 55$ each to get in, we turned our minivan right around and headed back towards the row of antique malls we had seen earlier! (Thanks for the tip Rhiannon!)

Timothy

Well it's a good thing we did honestly because the treasues we found were just too good to have been left behind for Dolly Parton's sake! I've only photographed my favourite item, little Timothy here, because the rest I will reveal some other time...suffices to say these antique malls were packed to the brim with junk and treasures and digging through the piles made finding the extra-affordable gems all the more exciting!

Now we're in our cozy Quality Inn motel room escaping the sticky Tennessee heat (which I am just totally wimpy at handling by the way! So much for being made for the South!) in the air conditioned comfort of the little living room adjacent to the bedroom! Tomorrow it's off to Nashville, where Mike has plans to find an old drum kit of some sorts and I have plans to sigh and swoon over all the things I've been waiting this long to see!

bears

Thank you so much for all your comments and suggestions by the way! I hope I'm doing these wonderful places justice! I just don't even know where to start sometimes!

Listening to: Tom Waits, Brooks & Dunn, The Travelling Wilburys and Bob Dylan!


0 comments:

Post a Comment