Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Info Post


I know a few of you (hi, Lydia!) caught my fashion segment on NBC-4 here in D.C. a few weeks ago when I declared that my number one must-buy for spring was a pair of nude patent pumps. (IMHO, a bright pink dress or breezy printed sheath can look totally different if you pair them with black heels vs. a light, neutral nude.)

I scored a pair of Brian Atwood pumps (similar to the ones above) during a super-sale at Hu's Shoes last year, but finally had to face the reality that 100mm pumps, no matter how pretty, are not viable daily attire. I've supplemented with the not-quite-as-statementy, but infinitely-more-comfortable Cole Haan "Air Lainey" wedges, below (on sale for $130), which are doing the job nicely and are definitely work- and walking-appropriate.


Which, slightly awkwardly, segues into my next announcement (drum roll....), which is that -- if you've missed my various Twitter/Facebook/other announcements so far -- I've resigned from the Post and accepted a new job with Ogilvy working on all things digital/blog-y/social media-related. I'm pretty excited to start next month, and not just because I now have carte blanche to ramp up the work wardrobe a bit. Expect more work-related "Wishlist" posts to come soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment