Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Info Post
I'd like to introduce you to my favorite vintage store on the West Coast - Flounce Vintage - and it happens to be nestled in Los Angeles's Echo Park (right next to a cafe that has really tasty mint lemonade!)

flounce VINTAGE


I first visited Flounce two summer's ago when I was in LA for Quicksilver's Traveling Shirt party and Jennifer was sweet enough to send a nice list of places to visit. Flounce was on the list and I fell in love the moment I walked in!

IMG_1878


I always have an idolized idea of how places should be when usually they're nothing like what's floating around my brain. My skewed perception of Hollywood is one of these things. I always think back to old Hollywood - where the gals are sweet and wholesome (having just moved to California from a small hometown) .. Just trying to earn a buck and make it big in the pictures. They wear pretty dresses and have perfectly imperfect finger-wave bobs. They live in the chaotic apartment buildings with only one telephone belonging to a lady who's always in her bath robe and curlers... All the furniture is perfectly Art Deco and there's no shortage of pretty floral fabrics and nice sunlight coming through those lacey curtains.

IMG_1879

IMG_1870


The point to all of that rambling is.. Flounce is exactly what I think of when I think of Hollywood... Gorgeous flapper era frocks, pretty day dresses in pale colors and soft fabrics. Stunning evening wear. Floral needlepoint, and the best little ceramic animal knick-knack paddywacks to fill that 5th floor studio home away from home apartment.

IMG_1882

IMG_1892

IMG_1890


Luckily they have an etsy shop - so those of us not living in the land of movie reels and super stars can grab a little piece of old Hollywood for ourselves!

IMG_1863

0 comments:

Post a Comment