Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, April 30, 2010

Info Post


Carl sometimes gets me records (I think at least 60% of my collection are gifts from him). A couple of months ago he got me a bunch of records, including the soundtrack to Cat people by David Bowie. I started listening to it yesterday and it made me want to watch the movie again, since I've only seen it once when I was 12 or something. So I dug it out and watched it. It's a really weird movie. I'd love to see the original from 1942! The 82' version has a really great mood to it, despite the somewhat odd story (incestuous cat-mutants who kill their lovers). I especially love Natassja Kinski's role as Irena. Irena is a young and naive girl who has to fight her inner sexuality in order to save the Zoo-curator she's fallen in love with. Irena has a really simple and careless look (kind of boyish or almost prudish). But despite the long skirts and manly shirts, she's very sensual and the whole movie is based on the sexual tension she generates. I almost decided to cut my hair again after watching it to the end, but I've already decided to grow it out now. Anyone got any good film tips where they have gorgeous long hair? ;)


Here's a moodboard of Irena's looks:






And here's my interpretation. I'm not nearly as cool, possibly an extra in the background. But Natassja Kinski is quite the person to live up to!


Cardigan: Borrowed
Blouse: Vintage
Skirt: Thrifted
Knesocks: H&M
Shoes: Gift

0 comments:

Post a Comment