Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, February 5, 2010

Info Post
When I was little my mom's dad owned a building on the Main Street of our town. For years and years he ran an insurance business there - from what I remember it was filled with antique office supplies and beautiful wooden chairs. Alongside it was an old timey "Smoke Shop" that had a nice little candy selection and whenever I'd go to spend the afternoon with him after elementary school I'd always get a $1 candy allowance.... My mom is a dental hygienist - so, you know.. It was awesome.





The building is now my mum's and it wasn't until last year that I finally explored the upstairs floors of the building. My mom was pulling out Art Deco milk glass ceiling fixtures and it dawned on me that I should probably take a look for myself. And holy heck. I wish I hadn't waited so long!





It's two floors of beautiful wallpaper. Perfectly peeling paint. Tin walls and ceilings. Wooden floor boards. And a few stoves and a claw foot tub too! The only problem is that there's no electricity up there and many of the rooms are dark.








I talked to my Great Uncle about what used to be up there, and I guess it started off as a Masonic Lodge and then it was a Put 'n Chip - you know, like indoor golf! After the fella who owned the Put 'n Chip passed away it just fell into a sleepy state of decay and it's been empty for the past 50 years.





. . .

There's no heat, no running water, no electricity. The roof leaks... It needs so much work. But, I think about this place practically every day and daydream about how amazing it could be.









. . .


There's a handful of more photos to share... Mostly me running around the place in one of my lace dresses, too lazy to try and put a real outfit together because it was sooo cold that day! Tomorrow I'll share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment