Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Info Post


This morning my sister and her boyfriend and Mike all came with me to Steve's music to pick up my accordion, and it sounds just like new! Only it's better because it's a 1960's Italian made accordion with perfectly aged brown leather straps! When I first got it (for a steal at Kavanagh!) it sounded like something out of a horror movie when I played, but now that it's been all tuned up, it sounds like a magical time machine that takes me back to my Europe trip, or even better, to a little room in Montmartre with Edith Piaf! Honestly though, I can't stop youtubing tutorial videos and remembering the feeling of travelling through the South of France on a train, listening to Yann Tiersen. And honestly there aren't very many times in my life I remember feeling as wonderful and inspired as when Mike and I were wandering around luxurious gardens and centuries old cemeteries in Paris...drinking hot wine and talking for hours in all the different arrondissements. But I digress...


The point I was going to make with all this silly reminiscent talk of travelling and accordion playing, was that it ties in really well with how excited I am about the SS10 collection Dear Creatures just posted on their website. The concept is described as being inspired by the Jacques Demy/Catherine Deneuve movie, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, which has to be one of the prettiest French films I've seen. Besides making me want to go blonde again, and reminding me of all the things I love and miss about Europe, it's also just pure good old fashioned entertainment and makes me think of rainy days (in a good way) and my Grandmother and delicious pastries...



And besides all of that, the collection is just so pretty, and wearable and perfect for prancing around outside this Spring. I probably won't be able to buy myself any of the pieces, but maybe they can serve as inspiration for me to get to work on that new sewing machine I got for Christmas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment