Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Info Post
It's finally time for me to reveal the destination of my mystery road trip with Mike! I've been excited about this trip for ages, and it barely seems real now that it's here! So Monday morning we packed ourselves back into that trusty minivan (the one that carried us across the South this Summer!) and headed down to that Mason Dixon line to spend the week at Quincy and Jonny's house in Delaware! We've already done so many wonderful things and they've taken us to about a million thrift shops where we've found heaps of treasures for next to nothing!



on Quincy
dress: from Me!
shoes: Seychelles
bow headband: H&M
belt & bag: thrifted

On Me:
top: thrifted
skirt: from Quincy!
shoes: Modcloth
belt: thrifted
John Romain purse: thrifted

Quincy and I met up this summer in Baltimore, and I think it's safe to say that we hit it off right from the get go! She's one of the most endearing people I've ever met, and she's got just about the greatest eye for vintage there is! I've now had the pleasure of raiding her closet and boy oh boy does she have an enviable collection of dresses and skirts and cardigans and shoes in there! And I have to mention how great her house is! I'm sure a bunch of you have probably already seen pictures through her blog, but boy oh boy she makes me excited to decorate!



Anyhow, these past couple of days have been just fantastic! We've done so many fun things and these two are just the greatest hosts! Mike and Jonny have been putting together jingles in Jonny's home studio, and we've all been marathoning the office and eating absolutely delicious food! Today was a beautiful day so we headed out onto the boardwalk and took pictures by the ocean, and then we drove over to Assateague and saw those wild ponies you may have seen in Quincy's post about the island!



Tomorrow they're saying snow here in Delaware, so we're thinking we'll be doing more indoorsy stuff, but that's alright because they have the coziest couch and the widest selection of old movies! Besides I have a brand new (for me) pair of 1970's high waisted jeans that I'm going to hem and take pictures of while I'm here! And anyway, as soon as it stops snowing we've got a long list of things to discover around the Delaware/Maryland area, including another visit to a boardwalk! It's going to be awful having to leave this wonderful house and our wonderful hosts and going back to a freezing cold Montreal month of March and work and school and a pile of essays....but none of that matters for another few days, so I'm going to go back to gabbing about blogs and vintage with Quincy now and put off thinking about responsibilities until it's time!


If you don't already follow Quincy you can find her blog here and her shop here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment