Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Info Post
A lot of people have asked me what camera I use, and I use several cameras, but they're all very basic digital cameras without any extra features, pixels or objectives. I edit my pictures in the computer to make them look more analog, and this is how it's done:



here's the picture I'm using and this is what it looks like untouched:


First of all, I lighten the picture (a tool which most basic picture edit programs have)



After I've got the picture light up, I use a soft-tool and soften the background, around the person. This will give depth to the picture


Now I play around with the colours, to make the picture seem more yellow, because I want it to look old.


For the next step your need a program with the possibility to make layers (photoshop, paint shop or something similar). After you've created a new layer you draw white lines with a 1pixel paintbrush all over the picture. These will be scratches on the photograph


You then change the opacity of the scratch-layer to around 10 (or whatever looks the best). The image will then seem scratched.

Copy your image and paste it over the original as a new layer, then soften the second layer completely smudged.


Change the opacity of the smudged layer so that the image looks soft around the edges. To make the image look extra old, lighten the corners. You should now have a picture that looks like an old photograph

0 comments:

Post a Comment