Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, October 25, 2009

Info Post



In my last post I mentioned that reading Faulkner for school was making me day dream about our Southern road trip, and our visit to his home a whole bunch! Well, the beauty of a blog is that it serves as a sort of time capsule, and I spent a long time yesterday reviewing my Southern Road Trip posts, doing a lot of sighing and calling Mike to reminisce about funny things that happened in different towns. When I came to the post about Faulkner's house in Oxford, Mississippi, I realized I only ever posted about the day we didn't get to visit inside! I was so determined to walk around it and see the wall where he wrote the outline of "The Fable", that we slept in the back of our minivan that night - in a Walmart parking lot - just to be able to see the house the next day!


this is the famous outline for "The Fable" written on his bedroom wall!




Anyhow, we finally did make it to his house, and I was so glad that the tour was self guided! While guided tours can be really great, Mike and I just kept making up stories about Bill and his wife having arguments in one room, and drinking brandy on the porch! The house is really beautiful, and so worth seeing - especially since it's free to get in! - if you're ever in the town of Oxford, Mississippi - which is a really nice town! - you should definitely take the time to visit!
I'll stop my ramblings now and leave you with some pictures I took of the rooms!




0 comments:

Post a Comment