Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, October 26, 2009

Info Post


I'v been feeling so uninspired by my closet recently. It seems like most of my Fall outfits are things I already pieced together last year, and this year I'm just not feeling it anymore! I finally found a part time job this week, so that I'll be able to afford Christmas gifts and maybe a nice birthday dress for myself, but up till now, new clothes (or old clothes!) just haven't been an option really! All of this to say, that this outfit has actually already been done and posted about, last Spring actually! Except it was warm enough to skip the tights and cardigan, and instead of leaves there were pretty flowers...and I didn't have these shoes at the time....
Anyhow, we did go thrifting this weekend to complete our Halloween costumes...and while Mike's is almost ready to wear, all I managed to buy were those little frogs and mice that are posing in my Mom's garden there...I couldn't help myself! The mice reminded me of that slowpoke book I loved when I was a kid, about the slow poke mouse who's sister wears a funny hat....and the frog look just like Buster Keaton to me! They're no longer in the garden of course, but resting safely in my room now!



The month of October has been icy cold and rainy so far, so when we got one warm day (although there wasn't a spot of sun in the sky) we took advantage of it and got out of the house! We wandered over to the pretty little farm near my parents house that is for sale. We've been imagining ourselves buying it recently, and we went to it and sort of imagined what types of things we'd do out on the porch, or in the barn....maybe a big barn of drums for Mike to practice in, and the stable could somehow be converted into some big giant sewing room with a record player and a rocking chair and a wall of different colored yarn! There is even a window over the sink that looks just about perfect for chilling a pie fresh out of the oven!



On a completely different note, we just got wind that Mike's Mom and her boyfriend, who were on vacation in Spain and Portugal these past two weeks, got married in Gibraltar at the same place as John and Yoko! So tonight, Mike and I will be heading to her place to celebrate, and to eat lots and lots of cake! But first, we'll be taking a walking tour of Old Montreal with my history class today, and I'm all kinds of excited to learn about the strange differences in the way people lived in the early 19th century and the way it all looks now! I'll be taking pictures for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment