Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, October 12, 2009

Info Post


I think I'm one of those people who starts to think about her birthday about a month before it arrives. Most years I've spent planning what I'll do or wear or who I'll spend it with, but this year, while I am still on the lookout for a perfect birthday dress, I can't say I have any expectations! My birthday this year will be on a Friday the 13th and I've been racking my brain trying to come up with the perfect spooky idea to celebrate. If I were anywhere near Atlanta I'd be sneaking through old Confederate cemeteries with Rhiannon, Drew and Mike, trying to conjure up spirits for sure! But it's cold here and there will be no sneaking into cemeteries for me! In the process of trying to come up with an idea, I started reminiscing about last year and was hit with the realization that no birthday will ever compare to last year's and I think that's why I just don't care so much this time around!



Mike and I were on our very first trip to Europe last November and on the day of my birthday he made all my dreams come true when he woke me up with two train tickets to Versailles, a red balloon, fresh strawberries and a box of macarons! He hit my obsession with the Sophia Coppola version of Marie-Antoinette straight on the head and we literally spent about eight hours walking around the gardens and sitting in the Petit Trianon pretending we were old French Royalty...only minus the mobs of hungry people who want to kill us...
While I have no doubt that I will have many more wonderful birthdays in my lifetime - especially with Mike's talents in surprises - I really and truly believe this one will go down in the books as the greatest I've ever celebrated!



*"Natural's Not In It" by Gang of Four, taken off the Marie Antoinette Soundtrack

0 comments:

Post a Comment