Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Info Post
I have to start off by saying how much I appreciate all the more-than-super-sweet comments you all left on my last post! It always melts my heart a little bit the way everyone is so supportive in this community, and I got totally sentimental when I read all the wonderful things you had to say!



Things have been so crazy lately between Mike and I's loaded schedules and I was starting to feel like it had been ages since we went on any sort of blog-inspired outing! (Those tend to be my favourite, cause we stop in pretty places that we probably wouldn't stop at if I weren't looking for a spot to take outfit photos...)
Well anyway, tonight barely counted as a blog outing, we were on our way to Mike's step-mother's birthday party and we drove by Angrignon Park which I have been meaning to visit since I moved to my neighbourhood. It's a huge park with winding dirt trails and lots of pretty trees, one of those places where people read books by little man-made lakes where ducks swim (the ones that haven't flown South yet...lucky ducks). Anyhow, with all the leaves all kinds of pretty colors, it barely mattered that it was a grey and rainy day! We walked just a little bit and then got cold and just took a few silly pictures of me hiding in some reeds and sitting in the grass...most of them are blurry and out of focus because we were rushing the whole thing. But we had so much fun just being out of the house together and acting silly. We walked around singing and kicking our heels and spent most of the birthday dinner making stupid jokes and being fairly anti social!



Tomorrow is back to studying for midterms and writing long papers about Frank Capra and World War I and stuff like that. It isn't so bad really, just tons and tons of work. Next week we'll be starting on Faulkner in my American Literature class, and I really can't wait to hear my teacher and class mates make sense of all the stuff I'm only pretending to understand! I can't help it, every time I get ten pages in, I realize I've been daydreaming about being back at his home in Oxford, Mississippi, and I have to go back and read it all over because I didn't retain anything!
Soon the semester will be over though, and the holidays will start and I'll be able to watch Frank Capra films for fun, rather than for school again!


outfit details
blue dress: from a Renaissance Fripe Prix
black jacket: from an antique mall in Pigeon Forge, TN
black belt: thrifted from somewhere!
grey tights: pharmaprix
Black velvet wedges: from this dreamy Etsy seller
Weird felt and sequin star clips: handmade by me
black shiny purse of my dreams: from my dear friend Quincy


I hope everyone else had as lovely a Wednesday as I did! Even if your weather is as cold, grey and rainy as ours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment