Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, October 11, 2009

Info Post


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in Canada, a holiday which Canadians celebrate a month earlier than our American neighbours - probably for seasonal reasons. My family definitely does holidays right, and this one is no exception! Especially seeing as our annual pumpkin cooking festival began today! We've already made about 6 different pumpkin pie recipes, several batches of muffins and cookies. A couple of pumpkin loaves (the recipe for which was kindly sent over by the lovely Quincy!) and a delicious soup are in the works and we'll be broiling the seeds in no time! Unfortunately I was too caught up in mashing up pumpkins to remember to take very many pictures, but Mike and my sister and I did get out of the house to take Lola for a walk and I couldn't help myself when I saw all the pretty colors in the park! It really is the peak of Autumn here and my parents live in one of the most picturesque places I've seen as far as scenic places go!



I tried my very best to put a competitive edge on the day, but for the life of me I couldn't rial up a competitive bone in my mother's body. Besides, we only have one oven and it became so complicated to think of ways to make it a contest that we just gave up and helped each other put all the recipes together! We're about to chow down on all our delicious grub now, but I just thought I'd take the time to wish all of my fellow Canadian online friends a very very happy holiday weekend! And even if it isn't a holiday across the border, do something a little festive and think of me! Next week I'm hoping to get started on the planning of the squirreling party my Mother and I are going to throw (and by throw I mean for just the two of us!)...



outfit details:
white dress was 50 cents at the PSC mission, the sleeves and dress were shortened;
tights from the pharmacy;
sunglasses H&M;
dreamy dreamy black velvet wedges from this seller on Etsy (she is the sweetest and I'm so so glad I messaged her!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment