Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, October 15, 2009

Info Post
I'm here. In New England. Just for a short while but here none the less! It's been a measly month and a half since moving but it felt like this trip was long over due! And with that, I've been thinking about what to pack since I booked my flight (a month ago) and here's a little peek into what did, and didn't make the cut!

IMG_3662


Pictured clockwise: My practically cheesecloth 30s floral dress, my new 30s dahlia print dress (this dress is in my top 5 favorites list... it's that good!) my pride and joy 30s tweed coat, a 30s felt hat, my boyfriends plaid cashmere scarf, 40s black heels and 80s two-tone oxfords, yee olde trusty black gladstone, a scrap yarn ball knitting project I'm doing in a k2p2 with circular needles (don't judge - I can't find anything but long circular needles in the midst of my mess!) my tweed Lyell shorts that are too dang big on me, andddddd - another pride and joy- my beautiful B sweater.



It's my new crush and it also happens to be a similarly displaced New Englander - purchased in San Francisco, hailing from Boston... This thing is all I need to keep me warm this weekend when I brave the windy seasides for a wedding!



AH, that sweater is so beautiful it makes me misty eyed! And it reminds me exactly of fall, and how good it can be here. Grey days with white clouds and that crisp bite to the air in combination with a distant smoky fireplace mixed with roasting nuts and sweaters and scarves and hands shoved into pockets ... Wool. Corduroy. Exactly how it should be!

And today was close, (sans corduroy) but it was so nice to wake up to the Boston skyline and spend the entire day with two of my favorite people, doing all of my favorite things and then getting to see the first snow fall of the year.

And it's on that note I'll end this. Good night North Country East Coast land ... there are no words that can properly express just how much I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment