Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, August 17, 2009

Info Post
Sometimes you meet crabby old men at the flea market who have outlandish prices on things ... why, you might ask them "because it's old" ... yes, I can clearly see it's old by the stains and holes in it - but... come onnn.

But, sometimes people are pleasant and even though they know they have gems - things are priced to move. I met a really great guy at the fleas yesterday. He had a beautiful dress form he knew he could have asked more for, but wanted a measly $45 ... I should have bought it on principle because the price was so whacky - but instead I bought a really beautiful series of old photographs from him.

So, we'll start of with my favorites! A beautiful bunch of faded daisies...

The Standard Series

. . .

The text on the bottom of this didn't come out too well in pictures but it says 'Atlantic City Seashore Bell (e) s (w) Ringing Wet

The Standard Series

. . .

This one cracks me up - The Sorrows of July Fifth

The Standard Series

. . .

This is exactly where I'd like to be RIGHT now!

The Standard Series

. . .

This one also has a witty title "Your trouble will be, Little Ones"

The Standard Series

(loooving those stripey socks too!)

. . .

This one I'm not so sure about - I'm holding the picture right up to my nose and all I can make out is a couple of Gibson Girl hair do's, you can make up your own scenario!

The Standard Series

. . .

Someone got crazy here with a pencil - but this one is aptly titled, The Note That Never Came.

The Standard Series

. . .

And here we start on the more scandalous of the bunch, a dopey eyed gal enjoying "A Quiet Smoke"

The Standard Series

. . .

The Standard Series

. . .

The Standard Series

. . .

And lastly, The Temptation of St. Anthony.

The Standard Series

. . .


... I also added a set of 6 hand-colored ones to my etsy shop, if anyone might be interested!

0 comments:

Post a Comment