Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, August 13, 2009

Info Post
Baby Mine

When we were in Savannah, Mike and I stopped in at a little yard sale that Rhiannon had e-mailed me about. The little lady who usually runs estate sales was getting rid of a whole bunch of junk she has collected over the years - and for dirt cheap too! It was the perfect kind of junk, the kind of stuff Mike and I love to fill our lives with, but are usually too cheap to pay for. Well needless to say we left this yard sale/giveaway with about a hundred pounds of extra stuff in the back of the van and very excited smiles on our faces.
This baby book made it into the box of treasures and I'm so glad that it did! After looking carefully through the whole thing I've determined it's from somewhere around 1930 or so. The date of the actual baby isn't indicated anywhere strangely enough, but there is a page in the middle devoted to little Henry's sibling's names and birthdates and both of his older siblings were born in the late 1920's. My excellent powers of deduction lead me to my theory about it's date. To make matters worse (or better?) Henry has been about my favourite boy name since I was a kid and I've always hoped to name my first son that! Mike isn't so keen on it, but I have time to change his mind!
Here are some pictures I took of the pretty little pages inside this perfectly aged leather bound book! Enjoy!
Baby Mine
Baby Mine
Baby Mine
Baby Mine
Baby Mine
Baby Mine
Baby Mine
Baby mine


0 comments:

Post a Comment