Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Info Post
I've always been aware of how much I complain, but in recent efforts to reduce my whining I have unfortunately become all the more aware of how much girls my age like to bitch.
I am making a conscious decision right now to surround myself only with positive, life-loving people, with the sole purpose of increasing my own "lust for life" (haha Pat's tattoo).

On that note, I have spent all day inspiring myself and being productive in planning my upcoming europe trip with Mike.
I would first and foremost like to say that if I can plan and save up for a trip, then anyone can!

Now here are some links, lists, videos, pics and general points of interest in my life at the moment:

1. Movies: There are several movies I've been hearing about recently, some of which are old, others won't be out till the end of the year....

  • Imagine - A documentary on photographer Annie Leibowitz
  • The Last Waltz - 1970's Scorcese film starring Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Emmylou Harris, Van Morrison and many more. (saw it last night, but talked through most of it, oops)
  • Festival Express - Another 1970's film starring Janis Joplin, The Grateful Dead and the Flying Burrito Brothers, among others...footage from a 5day train tour across canada.
  • The Painted Veil - starring Naomi Watts and Edward Norton
  • The Edge of Love- Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller
  • My Blueberry Nights - Norah Jones and Jude Law (with an appearance by Cat Power)
  • Stealing Beauty- 1996 film starring Liv Tyler
  • Twilight - First of a series of books turned into movies, coming out in December
  • Buffalo 66 - Vincent Gallo film (I recently watched The Brown Bunny and was bored to tears, I'm hoping this will change my mind about him)
  • Hors de Prix starring Audrey Tautou
  • Coco Before Chanel -also starring Tautou, due out later this year!
I've posted some of the trailers to these gems down below for those of you who are interested.










2. Books: I recently realized i've skipped over a whole bunch of classic novels and legendary authors and am hoping to catch up with the rest of society a little. I got started today on a classic English novel by Emily Bronte; Wuthering Heights and feel smarter already! Here are more authors/titles I'd like to find:

  • Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
  • J.D. Salinger's Nine Short Stories, Franny and Zooey and the obvious Catcher in the Rye
  • Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • Virginia Woolf's Jacob's Room
  • Jack Kerouac's On the Road, The Dharma Bums
  • Rebecca Well's Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment