Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Info Post
Do you own any clothes that you know that you will never wear out but keep them anyway?

Do you often open the wardrobe wear these clothese are kept and stare dreamily at them?

Do you sometimes try them on and dance around in them or pretend that you have a life where you could wear them?
If any of these apply, this post is for you -

I have exactly three of these items. They are - the Saks Fifth Avenue flapper-esque dress, and two floral floor length gowns. One floral gown is a hot 70s poolside number and the other is an elegant evening one with a back train.
Excuse the weird face, this is the product of a late night photo shoot that went awry. This last dress is probably my favourite - it's made of a fairly heavy stretch cotton and the train at the back is created by hooking two pieces of elastic together at the back, which pulls the back of the dress in. It's the coolest design feature that I've ever seen and I'm always surprised by how clever it is when I put it on. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? Do you know what its called?

I do know that in the current state I'll never wear any of these except maybe as costumes. Yet because they are all so lovely and well made I don't know if I could ever let them go. Are they destined to go through life sitting in my closet?
Disclaimer - I've recently started a new job and I'm finding it hard to balance everything at the moment, so I may be posting a little bit less frequently that usual until I catch up with things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment