Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Info Post
If this isn't your first visit here, you will have realised that I have a near unnatural obsession with tights. I only ever wear tights or pants. You will never see my bare legs. Why, you may ask.
It's simply this. I intensely dislike my legs. While some people worry about their backside or their stomach or their shoulders or their arms or just about anything (Tricia makes some interesting points about body love/hate), I have major issues with my legs. It's due to the fact that when I was younger, I had a skin condition (eczema) which left me feeling self conscious about my legs and about myself in general. Now, my legs are fine and only slightly scarred but the emotional scars (cliched I know) are with me still.



Wearing - white shirt (Target), black cardigan (?), grey skirt (homemade), tights, blue shoes (Target), scarf (thrifted). Forgive me, this is a work outfit...

The upside of this is however, I have developed my own sort of style which, living in a small town, is very different to those around me. I think that because I have a flaw which I feel I have to work around it has made me less lazy when it comes to getting dressed. I like to think I've turned my negative into a positive. One day however, I hope to not have to worry about matching tights to dresses.

Do you guys have any flaws or issues which you get dressed around or keep in mind when you open the closet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment