Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Info Post

So last week I turned {cough, cough}, and it was the first year in a while where my birthday did not entail roller skating, bar crawling, scavenger hunting, dancing to Justin Timberlake until the wee hours of the morn, or throwing my underwear on stage at a rock concert. (Um, long story. Anyway.)

In any case, this year's celebration instead included a very adult-like shopping excursion to Target, Sephora and Barney's Co-op, sushi, champagne, an enormous Betty Crocker chocolate cake and falling asleep at 10pm to the blissfully colorful scenery of The Darjeeling Limited. (Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. C!) Oh, and a big rainstorm followed by a bright rainbow over Georgetown. There was no hilarious debauchery, but it was still a pretty great day.

Especially as I got to do a bit of splurging as well. In addition to some pretty great gifts (the aforementioned dvd, plus the best baseball hat ever), my birthday buys included the following:

*The much-discussed Vanessa Barrantes dress from local online shop Lily Lily, in navy. It is just *perfect*.

*A Malababa bag I'd absolutely loved last season from Barney's, which miraculously just popped up on eBay at a nicely reduced price. I took it as a sign.

*A new ruffly bikini!

*NARS blush in Orgasm. For achieving my dreams of a peachy-rosy summer glow. It's kind of perfection.

*A Sonia Kashuk travel Kabuki makeup brush. I just really like her brushes at Target, and the new, slightly-higher-end collection is a pretty fab deal.

*LipSmackers in Pink Lemonade. Perfectly sweet and summery. I also think I might have gotten this when I turned 10.

*The birthday fairy has also promised a new digital camera, just as soon as I make up my mind about which one I want.

{This is not a picture of my birthday rainbow, but it's just as pretty, and so I borrowed it.}

0 comments:

Post a Comment