Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Info Post





































































































Gosh. That took me a little while, but they're on.

My compu was full and I had to get a extern hard-drive, disk, whatever it's called. Which took me a little while, as I didn't have much time these couple of two weeks. Anyway, this is part of all I've been doing, the moments I did capture. Oh, missing the first days ofcourse, as my Canon G9 died before heading to NYC, grr!

But with a new Powershot and the right attitude, I arrived save and sounds in New York. And actually, in Williamsburg where I'm renting this one bedroom apartment, who, despite the blue and red walls, looks smashing and makes me feel at home. Trash, my cat, who I got with the house, but is a good roomie, and I are doing well here in lovely Brooklyn.

It's 9pm now and while I try to remember all I've done, I guess I should start with three friends. Abi, Fabien and Louis. They invited me to parties, dinners, introduced me to many others and simply made my arrival so much more nice. Abi I knew from my last time in NYC and as he's still the cutest boy alive, we had dinner, we had fun, we went to Mickey from PaperMag his bash, another one by Jeremy K and LadyFag, not to forget about this band called The Drums, who I'm obsessed with. Which was Louis thing, he introduced me to the band-members and thats that. We also went to this BBQ thingy called Metropolitan or all the other zillion gayclubs, bars, places, we've been to.

And not to forget, Fabien, who keeps on making me smile, helping me out and I think he's one of the most kind guys I've met in a while. He runs Frillr.com, so knowing that he doesnt have that much spare-time, and if he does, he helps me out, thanks you. He and Wayne, from The Imagist and Models.com, threw me a 'Welcome to New York'-dinner, which was beyond everything. Never would I imagined this whole journey would be this mucho fun from the very start.

And then the work part. Another story for Blend with my alltime fav models. I'm still deeply in love with Shaun Ross, meeting Carmen from Boss was great too, she's unique and has the perfect attitude. Or Diandra, Martin Cohn and etc etc. Shooting on Times Square was a hit. And smaller stuff, that I will mention later.

The more days I'm here, the more people I get to know, the harder I work and the more happy I feel. The sun was out today, I'm back on track with MykroMag her next issue, who/which is a massive hit here in New York by the way. So many people know about it, telling me which feature they like the most or who we should cover.

And one person I surely should not forget, no way, is Bailey. He may be one of the most amazing young creative and absolute driven and sublime people I've met this year. A big mouth with a small heart. He and Braiden stayed at my place for a few days and eventhough I'm glad I have my space back and the place isn't a mess anymore, I do miss him.

One and a half month to go before I'm heading back to Amsterdam. I have no clue how I will survive being back in Amsterdam, but I'm surely not putting the focus on that. As my Dad would say is that I should think about now and not miss today while thinking about tomorrow. And with this in mind I feel I'm growing here, and I feel, after quite some time, extremely happy. I can breath and I know theres so mucho more to discover.

As for now, find me in Williamsburg, follow the sound of The Bee Gees and come watch Saturday Night Fever with me. This is Sonny Groo, live from Williamsburg, New York. Stay tuned! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment