Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Info Post
Today I had to drive way out into the country to bring some work stuff to one of our clients, and I saw so many beautiful spots on my way home that I had to stop and take some pictures. My outfit today was inredibly simple. A sheer H&M blouse I borrowed from my roommate without asking (sorry Stef!) and a pair of thrifted shorts. It was too hot for anything else! It just so happened though, that I had a bunch of hats and shoes lying around in Mike's car (I am a pretty scattered person) and I decided to do some mixing and matching to see how different accessories could make my plain jane outfit sparkle a little! Here are the results:
Photobucket
Look number one and two were a little more casual. First I tied a floral print scarf around my head and kept my ballet flats on. Some girls (ahem, Jessica) wear head scarves perfectly. I always feel a little silly, but I was working with what I had in the car. For the second one I wore my boater and a pair of ankle lace-up stripey nautical-ish platform sandals that don't really fit me and they're kind of dirty, but I thrifted them anyway because I thought they might work for an outfit like this one...
Photobucket
Look number three involved a brown felt cloche-ish hat and some freshly picked daisies! I think it might be my favourite...
Photobucket
Finally, I put on the fascinator I bought off Modcloth and a pair of black and white 60's pumps and fancied it up a little. I'd been waiting to find a good outfit to wear the fascinator with, since it really is quite chic, and I originally bought it with that July wedding I'm going to in mind, but now I kind of like it paired with such a simple outfit...maybe I'll still wear it to the wedding, let myself be a little glamorous!

It was a lovely day spent with myself. It was strange taking outfit photos without Mike and Lola there, but aside from an almost-disaster involving some wind and my unsteady tripod, I very much enjoyed the freedom of taking my own pictures. Although Mike definitely does better! :)
Photobucket
I'm leaving in three hours for Ottawa! I'm sure I'll be so excited tomorrow night when I get home that I'll have a post up within an hour of getting home! For those of you in Quebec, have a lovely holiday tomorrow! And for everyone else, enjoy your Wednesday!

*Listening to: Reba McEntire....and I'm not ashamed of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment