Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Info Post
I've been pretty good about separation anxiety when it comes to etsy sales. Sure, sure - there's been plenty of items I was sad to see go - but for whatever reason, it was good they found a new home. I'm not perfect though, and there's certainly been a few things I snatched back for myself. I'm actually proud of myself because I can count them on one hand!

The first thing - was this beautiful striped tote bag I found at a flea market for a whopping $1 !!! I felt like it was one of those Reference Library items you see and swoon over (maybe I'm blowin' a little too much smoke though) Anyway - this was back in my ebay days and I don't think anyone bid on it within the first two days, so mine it was!!



The next thing - a 50's koi fish skirt that matches a darling little romper I bought in LA at Flounce Vintage. I was going to sell them both - but then decided on keeping the romper, and then with a little help from a dear girl out in Western MA - decided to keep the skirt too! Good thing! (and thank you again Alison for all your advice!)



And my recent almost-mistake of the summer ... what might be the most sweet thing in all of existence ... a pretty little feed sack dress hand stitched by a lovely little 10 year old girl from Gully Minnesota. She even entered into her very first sewing contest! The contest information is basted at the back and I have to say, she did some impressive work!

1 3 8 5




The only problem is that it's very snug around my arms ... it's not going to rip, but there's no extra space either ... I've been wearing it around anyway - to dinner with some dear friends and then for Saturday morning coffee with Alice! Here it is in action! And I don't have a single regret about keeping it either!

Saturday mornings

0 comments:

Post a Comment