Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Info Post
Photobucket
Outfit details:
Dress: the Deschanel dress from Modcloth
Shoes: Aldo
Sunglasses: H&M
Vintage bag: My favourite flea market find!


Everything about our anniversary day trip aboard a 107 year old steam train ride to a little town called Wakefield was perfect! From the train conductor's little hat and overalls down to the perfect little covered bridge in town and all the quaint antique shops in between! The heat was almost unbearable once we stepped out of our air conditioned private booth on the train, and we were both glad we had thought to bring our swimsuits, and a change of clothes, because the town was built up around one of the prettiest little mountain lakes, which was incredibly refreshing to jump into!
Photobucket

I had mentioned that I was feeling inspired by the darker Lula looks from the issue before last, and although I was sure I'd change my mind, receiving my new Modcloth dress in the mail actually cemented the deal! The perfect little collar and polka dot print ended up being the perfect wardrobe for the perfectly 1930's decor inside the train! Unfortunately the heat was so sweltering, that I had to change right out of it as soon as I stepped off the train! Luckily for me, I had brought the sailor playsuit I bought off of Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy, finally getting the opportunity to wear it!
Photobucket
When the steam train arrived in Wakefield we spent some time in the village looking around at some adorable (and surprisingly affordable) antique shops and then headed down the train tracks to a little dock we had spotted along the day, changed (sneakily) into our swim wear and jumped in the ice cold, albeit refreshing lake water! I had forgotten about my irrational phobia of lake monsters and was reminded the hard way as I nearly hyperventilated my way back onto the dock in a total panic! Luckily Mike coaxed me back in and helped me try to conquer my fears! They still need some work, but we have all summer for that!
Photobucket
outfit details:
Sailor top and Gingham shorts: Sally Jane Vintage
Ballet flats: value village
Perfect bag: St-Michel Flea Market
Sunglasses: H&M

We finally headed back to the train when we heard its little steam whistle blowing and enjoyed the ride home playing "how well do you know me" -our favorite road trip quiz game - and planning our trip this summer!
All in all, I couldn't have asked for a greater anniversary celebration, and I highly recommend this little excursion to anyone in the Montreal/Ottawa area! I hope all you fellow Quebec-ers enjoyed your sunny day off today as much as I did!


This is Mike waving at all the little kids who stood and waved back as the train went by!


and THIS is the live accordion player who entertained us the whole way to Wakefield!
I felt weird filming him, so the video is short!

0 comments:

Post a Comment